Called to Serve

Hi,
As Elder Cahoon's mom I finally decided to start a blog to help our many friends and family share in the experience of Aaron in Korea. It is my hope that anyone viewing this blog enjoys our effort.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sept. 25, 2011

Dear Mom,

So this week Elder Olsen and I got an appointment with this less active family in our area. They have these really cute kids that remind me so much of the kids back home. Well, we had dinner with them and the mom made a comment about how hard it must have been for you raising three sons, right after her two sons got in a fight over a game one was playing on their dad's iPad. She was like "Yeah, these kids are always fighting over it, Pokemon cards, iPad, video games." And I kinda smiled and said "Oh, I know very well." And she, with a completely straight face, said "You gave your mom the same problems didn't you?" I laughed and I said, "Well no, but there were those kinds of problems. My brothers fought constantly"
It was really fun...and as a spiritual message we talked about temples, specifically the possibility of a temple in Busan (or Daegu) to which they were....really receptive. The mom mentioned that she has been sitting for ten years on doing her dad's work....and even mentioned having a dream where he came and spoke to her and asked her why she hadn't done it yet. I instantly thought of you. I know you're doing so well with it and I'm so proud of you, to think soon you'll be doing the work.
There's your spiritual message for the week :D Anyway, sorry so short but I'm at a public computer with no chair and no time. Again, I'll be on the lookout for that package :D continue to pray every day, do all you're supposed to do, be nice to your kids, your employer, etc. Tell everyone I love them, and give some hard times about my lack of mail! People are slackin' off! Haha! Even email's fine, just get on it, y'all! Haha.
Love ya,
Aaron

--
사랑 보내셨으니까 감사합니다! 사랑해요!
Elder Cahoon in Korea. November 2010 to November 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment